V6 RANCH – STAYING AT THE WATER TOWER (Part 2 of 3)
I’ve stayed in some remote places, but nothing as small as Parkfield, either population 17 or 34, depending on what you believe. I chose to stay at the Water Tower. The guy on the phone sweet talked me by saying it was the only place available so it was that or nothing – you sold me! He did also mention that it had the most luxurious of all the bathrooms. I will say the bathroom was a pretty generous size and I was very pleasantly surprised at how large it was (two usable stories, one third story that’s still under construction). It had great outdoor space – very sweet front porch with awesome rocking chairs and a generous sized 2nd floor balcony overlooking the property.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- There is no living room or common area besides the outdoor spaces mentioned above, but each floor does have its own TV and the upstairs bedroom has its own desk area as well.
- There is no bath tub in this unit (many of the other units have a shower over tub combo) so if you need to bathe your little one, this unit might be a challenge.
- The bathroom space (both the vanity and the shower, restroom area) are very generously sized.
- They have the best liquid soap on the planet! Seriously, I don’t know what they do to it, but it’s made on site and they sell it for $3 for a pretty modest size bottle. It’s liquid gold. Take your room one home with you. All natural ingredient and processed locally, what more could you ask for?
- This is perfect for a family of 3 or 4 (if the kiddos are small), but anything more than that and it would feel a bit crowded.
- If you want an option with a full kitchen, living room and outdoor BBQ, try the converted Post Office next door. It’s the only other stand alone lodging option besides the Water Tower. All other units are part of the main lodge which means shared walls and shared porches. It is a relatively small lodge, however, so even if it’s fully booked, I don’t imagine it would feel too crowded.
- Bring some swimsuits and flip flops. The pool and hot tub are far enough away you’re going to need some shoes.
- Don’t forget the s’mores! They’ve got the sweetest little fire pit, next to the bocce ball court.
- Don’t forget the wine! Hang out in the outdoor gathering space tucked between the Post Office and the Water Tower or just hang out on your over sized porch and watch the country side.
- Bring some snacks! I couldn’t even tell you how far away the nearest store is, but it’s way too far to go out for food and the cafe is not open all the time.
FTC Disclaimer – This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.